Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How to Get CFO certificate in Cebu

Guidelines and Requirements on How to Get a CFO Certificate in Cebu.

CFO stands for Commission on Filipino Overseas. Its an agency that caters the needs of Filipino overseas especially spouses,fiancees’ and Emigrants. CFO Certificate and Sticker are very necessary if you want to migrate abroad. You can’t board on the plane without the CFO sticker in your visa and you can’t get a CFO sticker without the CFO certificate.

There are two CFO Offices in the Philippines: In Manila and Cebu. I attended CFO in Cebu.

If you came from Mindanao or some part of Visayas and don’t have friends/relatives in Cebu you need to consider looking for a place to stay (overnight) in Cebu or book a plane ticket back and forth. You can choose a place near from the CFO Office or SMEF-COW. I stayed at Sampaguita Suites 4J in Mango Avenue, a walking distance hotel from CFO Office. They have resonable rate. There are also lots of hotels nearby so its easier to go around and look for your preference.

There are two places that a spouse/fiancee needs to visit in Cebu to obtain the CFO Certificate:

1. SMEF-COW (St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, Inc – Center for Overseas Workers)

Address: 60 3rd floor, Ayaay Arcade, Gen. Maxilom Avenue, Cebu City, right across University of San Carlos North Campus and UCPB.
Monday to Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Tel.No: 32 2353745
Email address:

2. CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas)
Causing-Lozada Building, OsmeƱa Boulevard corner (Besides DFA Cebu) MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines
Telefax: (032) 255-5253

Procedures: SMEF -COW

You need to be at the SMEF – COW office before 8:00 am and secure a priority number from the guard.- Proceed to 3rd-floor (for spouses/fiancee room), write your name and signature on a log book (ask the people behind the window)- Wait your name to be called.- Pay 250 pesos (counselling fee)- Submit the seminar and registration requirements.

  1. Original and photocopy of your Birth Certificate
  2. Photocopy of your passport front page 2-3 and back page
  3. Photocopy of Birth Certificate (husband/fiancee)
  4. Original and Photocopy of Marriage Contract (From NSO or LCR duly authenticated by NSO)
  5. Photocopy of Divorced decree (If husband/fiancee, if divorced)
  6. Photocopy of Proof of Singleness( fiancee)
  7. Photocopy of Legal Capacity to Marry (optional)
  8. Photocopy of Passport (husband/fiancee)
  9. Photocopy of Visa (if visa is at hand)
  10. Copy of passport stamps of husband/fiancee; if married to a Filipina more than once.
  11. Copy of pictures together (wedding photos, engagement, etc)
  12. Photocopy of two (2) Valid ID’s of a Filipina (Company, SSS, GSIS, driver’s license,etc)
  • If possible you can be there around 6am, coz the security guard will let you fill up a piece of paper with your name and the country of your destination that will be the basis of your que. If you listed first then you will be the first one to be called upstairs (3rd floor).
  • Don't forget to ask your Husband the complete address where he is currently working.
  • In some cases depending on your councilor they will ask you some proof of your relationship like Chat histories, your love story, your partners family background, your partners positive and negative traits and even the most unexpected questions about your partner you must know as much as possible in detail.
  • Please see updates in CFO website here's the link a new one please read.

After the SMEF-COW seminar and counselling, they will give you a blue certificate(Guidance Counselling Certificate).
Proceed to CFO Office with the address shown above and submit the following:
  1. Duly Completed Emigrant Registration Form (I was not ask to fill up this Form)
  2. Original and Photocopy of passport (If available)
  3. Original and Photocopy of Visa (If Visa has been issued)
  4. Original and Photocopy of your Guidance Counseling Certificate
  5. P400.00 pesos (Duly Authorized Registration Fee)
  • If you already have a visa You will get an orange CFO guidance and counseling cert along with the CFO sticker.

  • If you don't have your visa yet. They will just give you the CFO cert. And will ask you to come back to the CFO office for the sticker once you already have the visa.


christine joy Gillies said...

hi po... im planning to get my certificate of attendance at CFO this 21 of april.. i just want to ask if where should i go SMEF-COW? or in CFO????...
i would really appreciate your help... thank you and Godbless...

Unknown said...

good day po, ill just want to ask po, in my case i dont have yet a passport kasi first timer ako and can i still get a CFO?

Post a Comment